Celebrate the Small Things

I'm back! I took a little break from blogging, mainly because I was working 50+ hour weeks and I just didn't have the time! I've also been on holiday this past week, and I was at a place that doesn't have the greatest internet. The break's done me good, and I'm ready and raring to get started again.

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.


This week I'm celebrating:

- Feeling refreshed and motivated after my week away. Working so many hours was a little overwhelming, so I got really behind on blogging and reading, and basically anything other than working! The break has done me good, and even though I'm back at work on Sunday, I'm determined to keep up with everything this time. Balance is the key! 

- I got a lot of reading done this week, which was great - I hadn't so much as picked up a book since I started my new role at work, so it made a nice change. 

- It's nearly October! That means it's nearly Halloween, one of my favourite holidays. It also means the nights are pulling in and the weather's getting cooler, which I'm also pleased about. 

Comments

  1. Balance is important. No need to kill yourself. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cooler weather too! I like jeans and sweatshirts, or pj bottom and sweatshirts, shorts and sweatshirts... ok, so I might love sweatshirts too much but I can't help that. Aren't books wonderful in that way, they can make you feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time off and good books with some fall weather outside - what a wonderful combination! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Balance is definitely needed, glad the break made a difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you had a nice break. Hope you manage to maintain the balance Can't believe it's nearly October but this time of year is a good one for writing in I find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good week off. Working that hard isn't good for anyone (says the woman who regularly works 50+ hours...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back and that all is OK Miss Laura. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. A week away is necessary to maintain sanity sometimes. October is great for me because I love Halloween, and my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm glad you got a chance to read again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for being able to read more! I've been reading more slowly recently but I think as the nights get darker I'll end up getting through books a bit quicker, there's something about Autumn and Winter that just cries out for evenings spent with your nose in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the break! A week away sounds absolutely lovely! And you're right- balance is the key, I'm still struggling to figure out how to establish it myself. aAnd Halloween is my favorite holiday ever so I'm right there with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Better to take time off than burn yourself out trying to scrounge up a post. Or at least that's just how we justify it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, balance is the key!! Couldn't agree more. Now if only it was easier to balance everything... :)

    I LOVE Halloween as well! Such a wonderful time of year with the cooler weather and leaves changing colors.

    Nice to "meet" you, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!