What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.


I haven't taken part in this meme in so long! I've missed it. 

What I'm Reading

While I was on my blog break I dug some old favourites out; I read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I know some people don't like this series, but I love it, and I like to revisit it every now and again. I'm currently reading Breaking Dawn, the fourth book in the series. 

Next on my list is the Harry Potter series; they have a new box set out on Amazon, and I've been meaning to get a new set for ages now. It's the children's set, but I just love the artwork! 

What I'm Writing

Not too much lately, but I have joined quite a few Halloween related writing challenges and blogfests - it really is my favourite time of year! I can't wait to start writing some spooky stories. 

What Works for Me

I've had a bit of a break from writing lately; while it was necessary, I feel it's done me a lot of good. Sometimes you have to step back from something to be able to see it clearly. 
I'm still struggling to balance my working life with my blogging/writing life, but I'll get there! I just need to keep trying. 

What Else I've Been Up To

I went shopping with my mum yesterday, so that was fun. I worked the whole weekend, so it was nice to have some time off to relax. We've got this weekend off together, too, which I'm looking forward to.

Comments

  1. Hope you come up with some really scary stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the BEST time of the year for writing. I can't wait to hear more about the challenges and hops your participating in. Seriously. Why is it so fun to write scary stories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, it is indeed necessary to step away :-) And yay for writing spooky stories! October really is a great time for those type of stories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just rereading the sixth Harry Potter book. Like you, I'm reading a different edition, this time the American one. It's a little distracting because I keep on noticing the differences between the UK edition and this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude I love the Twilight trilogy. I just ignore book 4. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't love the way the TWILIGHT series ended, but I will always love many things about the first book in the series. People can say what they want, but Stephenie Meyer did a fantastic job creating atmosphere (How many people wanted to visit Forks after reading her books?!), and telling a story that got so many of us hooked on YA. Thanks for the reminder about the new HP editions! I just went on and ordered the first one in hardcover. I think I'll order one a month until I have them all. I think they're fantastic! Have a wonderful week, Laura! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking a break sometimes really helps. Glad you had time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, am a Twi-hard. Long live the sparkly vamp!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!